I love to fill my classroom with things that make my job easier, or make me happy. My Class was a smorgasbord of wonderful things. Now that I am in administration, my office is no different.
I adore all things colorful and things that make me smile. I’ve had several new teachers ask me what I think are the essentials for any new special education teachers starting out. So, I decided to make a list of all the things I consider to be my Special Education Essentials, which I lovingly refer to as my
1. Westcott 8 Inch Straight Holidazed Scissors – Green Handle, Stripes – Apparently that tape stuff on them you see is supposed to be anti-bacterial or something, but honestly I found that it helps the velcro sticky stuff not to stay on my scissors. Which. is. awesome.
2. C-Line Reusable Dry Erase Pockets, 9 x 12 Inches, Assorted Primary Colors, 5 Pockets per Pack (40630) – Take any old boring worksheet and make it fun! I’ve also had students who try to rip up their work. I put the worksheet in one of these bad boys, and bam, so much harder to rip!
3. Learning Resources Recordable Answer Buzzers Set of 4 – Does your classroom use switches? These are very similar to those, only so much cheaper. I’ve used them with my non-verbal students and pre-programmed the answers in them. Any easy way to make sure that ALL my students are engaged.
4. Learning Resources Time Tracker Mini– Tracks the time, color changing, and it’s mini so it can be a personal signal for one student, a small group, or the whole class. You set the time and watch it count down. It’s great for making sure students stay on task or a visual reminder for transitions.
5. Mr. Sketch Stix Scented Markers, Fine Tip, Set of 10, Assorted Colors – Colorful, and they smell good… Where can you go wrong. I like to use these instead of highlighters sometimes, because let’s face it, as an adult, I don’t get to use markers on an everyday basis. =)
6. Crayola Dry Erase Washable Tool Kit – When I was in the classroom, my students would always tease me that I hate chalk boards, and boy were they right. I loathed them. This little set allowed me to use Markers and Crayons on my Dry Erase Board. #Love.
7. Scotch Thermal Laminator, 2 Roller System, Fast Warm-up, Quick Laminating Speed (TL901C-T) – Yes. Your classroom isn’t complete until you own a personal laminator. How many times have you thought, I’m just going to run down to the work room and laminate this, only to run down and find out it’s not on (and takes 30 mins to warm up), or it’s broken (again), or it ran out of lamination (and only 1 person in the school has been trained to change it)…. There’s a list, and I am telling you, a girl can only handle so many of those before she brakes down and just buys her own.
8. Best Laminating® – 5 Mil Clear Letter Size Thermal Laminating Pouches – 9 X 11.5 – Qty 100 – Because you have to have the sheets for the laminator to be of any use to you…. but also because the 5 mil. stuff is WAY more sturdier than the 3mil, or less that your school uses.
I cannot say enough about this sharpener. I. Love. It.
You know that student that you have that NEEDS their pencil sharpened before they can do their work, but after 10 minutes at the pencil sharpener perfecting that pencil point, you realize it was all a ruse? Well this pencil sharpener, will stop that lolly-gagging student in their tracks. Sharpen. One. and Done. Every time I sharpened a pencil it was a perfect sharpen. I’m kind of OCD about my pencil points, and this made my OCD at piece. =) It’s SO easy and fun too. It is much quieter than your typical pencil sharpener. It’s also quite the conversation piece too. Everyone also asks me what it is… once I tell them it is a sharpener, they want to use it. After they use it, they want one! haha. I’m not going to tell you that the first day I got this, I spent 15 minutes sharpening EVERY pencil in my office. nope. I’ll keep that tidbit to myself…..
10. My TpT products are a real time saver for me. I’ve spent hours tailoring them for my students, and then even more hours making them teacher friendly so you all can use them. So, I’m giving you $10 bucks to spend.
•This giveaway is open to FULL-TIME TEACHERS only. This includes classroom teachers, Intervention specialists, etc. Full-time bloggers, I ask that you sit this one out.
• US RESIDENTS ONLY: I love all teachers all over the world, but unfortunately, these
sped-sentials just can’t be shipped outside the country. Thanks for understanding!
•One winner will be chosen to win EVERYTHING listed above and will be contacted by email at the end of the giveaway.
• The Sped-sential goodies will be shipped directly to the winner from Amazon/School Specialty
– I’ll contact the winner for their shipping address and information.
•The Amazon links in this post are affiliate links, which means that if you click them and then make a purchase, Amazon tosses a few pennies my way. Those earnings don’t pay for much more than a cheap cup of coffee, but they DO help me to provide you with these awesome giveaways, so I really appreciate your support in making that possible! 😀
* I was given a school specialty sharpener for a shout-out in my blog. The opinions expressed above are my own. It is awesome, and if it wasn’t I’d tell y’all.
So HOW do you enter it?
Use the Rafflecopter Below to get some entries.
a Rafflecopter giveaway